About Dave Adams
DAVID CELESTINO ADAMS
P.O. Box 421
Alameda CA 94501
Cell Phone: 510/637-8136
Iím Dave Adams and I want to help you increase your sales and grow your business. For 20 years Iíve raised profits for various dealers as a salesperson, sales manager and financial services manager. Now I want to share my success with you.
How do you increase your sales? Easy. You turn every one of your salespersons into a top producer. Is this possible? Absolutely. As General Sales Manager at Val Strough in Oakland, I led a team that achieved all factory targets dealership-wide for both total sales and Customer Service Index.
In this position and others, I learned that the key to success rests in the skill of the salespeople. Are they friendly and respectful? Do they place the customer firstósee things through his or her eyes? Are they experts in the vehicles they show?'
I once worked at a dealership that suffered a 70 percent turnover in their sales force over a period of 90 days. Unfortunately, this story is repeated at a number of dealers. In spite of attracting many high quality people, auto dealers tend to lose the majority of them. This not only represents high personnel costs, it also represents lost sales. These people leave because they are unable to bring customers to closing.
The solution to this sad story is training. In my experience, most people can be trained to become expert, high-producing salespeople. This training, however, needs to focus not just on the skills involved in selling, but also qualities like basic etiquette, motivation and inspiration. This is what I offer at T.A.S.T.E. I feel very strongly that the auto industry attracts quality salespeople and that we must train and educate our salespeople to become the best.
My goal: to help you overshoot your goals
As you can see from my Profile below, Iíve enjoyed great success as a salesperson, sales manager and finance manager. I am also highly skilled at training salespeople. Right now, my passion is helping you and your staff achieve the kind of success that Iíve attained. I want to see you wildly overshoot your sales targets and grow your business with hundreds of satisfied customers spreading the word.
I am a dedicated, results-driven sales management professional with 25+ years of successful experience in the automotive sector. During these years I became skilled at:
- Developing management teams
- Hiring, training and developing a productive sales force
- Establishing goals for new/used car sales, with a focus on both front and back end profit.
- Setting up advertising for selected target markets
|Special Finance Manager||CONNELL AUTO CENTER, Oakland, CA||8 years|
|Used Car Manager|
|Special Finance Manager|
|General Sales Manager||VAL STROUGH, Oakland, CA||13 years|
|Used Car Manager|
|Sales Manager||F.H. DAILEY CHEVROLET, San Leandro, CA||1 year|
|Outside Sales Rep.||H.W. BAKER LINEN CO., San Francisco, CA||5 years|
Some clarification: During my years at the Val Strough and Connell dealerships, I essentially stayed at the same store. While the ownership of the dealer changed several times, I remained, even though my positions changed over the years.
- Recruiting and developing talent, targeting individual skills to specific markets, establishing team and individual goals, implementing contests and incentive programs, and tracking performance.
- Creating and delivering training programs encompassing product knowledge and sales techniques; tailoring training to augment existing skills, and providing ongoing mentoring.
- Ordering cars, determining best product mix for target market, maintaining inventory control and managing print, radio, television and Internet advertising campaigns.
- Enhancing Customer Service Index scores through product knowledge, smooth delivery process, responsiveness to customer needs, follow through on internet leads, and appropriate financing.
- Selling new and used Mazda, Porsche, Audi, Hyundai, Chevrolet, Chrysler, Jeep and Dodge vehicles.
Used Car Management
- Appraising and purchasing vehicles and employing knowledge of Kelly Bluebook values, actual values, and smog-safety reconditioning costs in order to identify profitable resale opportunities.
- Creating advertising copy, coordinating creative lot displays, and effectively managing customer preferences in order to move product and minimize aging of vehicles.
Special Finance Management
- Cultivating rapport with lenders from multiple financial service providers and utilizing familiarity with underwriting requirements to streamline the application process and increase approvals.
- Interviewing customers to identify their needs as well as their resources, and explaining loan stipulations and documentation requirements in order to determine best financing options.
I myself have trained with the best, including Anthony Robbins, Zig Ziglar, Jackie Cooper, and Grant Cardone. Now I am applying the skills I learned from these experts and my own experience specifically to the auto sales business.